Wednesday 6 July 2011

Juliette, in a nutshell.

Let me introduce myself: I am Juliette.  Years and years ago,  a book on my friend's shelf caught my eye, and I asked her what it was about.  It's about doing your own thing, she replied, why don't you borrow it?  I took it home, and I was hooked.  The book was "The Complete Book of Self Sufficiency", by John Seymour.

I was young and idealistic, and I wanted it all.  Next year. In 5 years. in 10 years. Never.  Life' priorities always seemed to knock me off track.  I know now that life is here and now, and my ideals have to be woven through all those priorities.  I thought this blog would help me focus, and celebrate my small achievements in my quest to have a hand made life.


So to fill in the detail:  I live in a suburban cul-de-sac on the edge of the New Forest.  I have an allotment nearby, which I am afraid to say, is a bit of a disgrace.  However, it produces some lovely veg and fruit.  Tonight some freshly picked peas, broad beans, courgettes and potatoes accompanied our pork chops.  I'm quite proud of that.

One of my goals for the next few weeks is to get to grips with the camera so I can post some pictures of my produce and crafts.  Also of my allotment, when I finally get around to tidying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment